- A Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science.
- A first degree in Library and Information Science is a MUST.
- Membership to a relevant professional Library and Information Science body.
- Evidence of research publications in Library and Information Science.
Experience and Qualities
- Have at least three (3) years post Master’s Degree qualification experience in a University Library setting at an Assistant Librarian or Sub-Librarian position.
- Demonstrable evidence of exposure to international Library and Information Science field.
- Have knowledgeable and proficiency in the application of current ICTs in library and information services delivery.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with various constituencies as a team player.
- Good leadership, supervisory, digital literacy and communication skills. Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the defining, development of library policies, implementation of strategic goals and objectives of the library.
- Oversee overall library operations in terms of staffing, reports and operationalization of library strategic plans.
- Participate in University administration and various Committees.
- Engage/negotiate with e-resources service providers.
- Working closely with Deans of Faculties and Information and Communication Technology Department to ensure easy access to electronic resources and research support services for teaching, learning, research, and administrative activities of the University.
- Recommending new technologies in order to improve library services .
- Coordinating the implementing of all the Library training programmes including Information Literacy Skills, Marketing Services, and Institutional Research Output.
- Assisting in mobilising resources for the library.
- Assisting in managing risks in the Library.
- Supervising staff and conducting periodic staff performance evaluations.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to email@example.com or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 17 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.