- A first degree in any one of the following: Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- A Masters degree in any one of the following: Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and an MBA is an added advantage.
- A professional qualification in Project Management is essential.
- Registered with an appropriate professional body.
Experience and Qualities
- For first degree holders a minimum of eight years relevant experience. At least five years must be post qualification experience in Construction Project Management.
- For Masters degree holders a minimum of four years relevant experience. At least two years must be post qualification experience in Construction Project Management.
- Proven track record in project management.
- Working knowledge of budgeting and budget controls.
- Good report writing and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of the University’s Campus Development Plans.
- Advise the Vice-Chancellor on the most appropriate and beneficial strategies to be adopted for both designing and building projects.
- Draw up and administer the annual departmental budget and oversee the purchase and storage of materials and spares for infrastructure, construction and maintenance, including vehicles.
- Manage renovations and maintenance programmes of buildings, other infrastructure (electrical, sewage and water reticulation systems as well as roads), sporting and recreation facilities.
- Oversee preparation and negotiation of contracts, leases, deeds, mortgages, and other real estate property legal documents on behalf of the University and recommend the acquisition and disposition of real estate properties, ensuring adherence to the University’s campus master plan.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 17 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Total Years Experience 5-10