- Applicants must be holders of, in the first instance, an Accounting Degree and should, in addition hold an MBA (Finance and Accounting) or MSc in Accounting or equivalent, in a business related discipline.
- A professional qualification (C.A, C.I.M.A. or equivalent) will be an added advantage.
Experience and Qualities
- A minimum of five years relevant experience. At least two years must be post qualification experience, preferably at a University setting.
- Candidates should have a sound knowledge of standard accounting principles and practices, strategic planning, budgeting and budgetary control, working knowledge of computerized accounting systems and income tax laws.
- Candidates should have functioned at Principal Accountant level or equivalent in either the public or private sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing robust financial management and reporting processes in order to ensure timely and accurate preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts and audited annual financial statements;
- Provide oversight on financial management, students’ accounts section, salaries and banking liaison;
- Ensure all monthly reconciliations are performed timely and accurately;
- Taking full responsibility of the budgetary control system from development of assumptions to the management of consumption;
- Ensuring all registered students are billed immediately after registration and that all business activities are properly accounted;
- Carrying out investment appraisals and allocation of capital;
- Fostering effective communication and developing impeccable relations with all key internal and external stakeholders;
- Effectively using the Human Resources Policies of the University to actively manage all subordinates and ensuring full cooperation;
- Guaranteeing excellence in serving the University’s stakeholders by providing support to subordinates and ensuring their continued professional development;
- Prepare timely and reasonably accurate cash flow and financial forecasts;
- Undertaking other duties as assigned by the Bursar.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 17 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.