- A journeyman class 1 in bricklaying.
- A qualification in Civil Engineering or related field will be an added advantage.
Experience and Qualities
- At least five (5) years post qualification experience in the construction industry.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to keep track of multiple projects.
- In-depth knowledge of construction procedures, equipment and OSH guidelines.
- Understanding of electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read drawings, plans and blueprints.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate and report effectively.
- Aptitude in mathematics.
- Problem-solving abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans.
- Ensure that teams work together to deliver quality to strict deadlines.
- Produce schedules and monitor attendance of crew.
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities.
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate.
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met.
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment.
- Monitor expenditure and ensure it remains within budget.
- Resolve construction problems when they arise.
- Report on progress to Projects Officer etc.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 17 September 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.